Proof of course:
A professional writer publishes frequently, is read widely, and benefits from their work financially.
Write Like A Pro will teach you how to finally establish a consistent writing practice, reach a wide audience, and monetize your work in different ways.
Every failed writer has failed for the exact, same reason: they stopped writing.
With this course, that won’t happen to you.
This program is perfect for frustrated writers, who really want to make writing their career, but somehow got stuck or even quit along the way.
It is optimized for non-fiction writing, but works for fiction too.
In Write Like A Pro, you will learn:
- The professional mindset with which some of today’s most successful authors managed to continue in the face of rejection, sometimes for decades.
- How to use methods of behavior change to quickly build momentum and cement a regular writing habit.
- Why you need a deliberate writing practice, what that looks like, and how you can use it to let your work speak for itself (aka how to market yourself without marketing).
- What specific writing tactics must go in your toolbox, as you build your own arsenal of writing techniques.
- How to break into various, new writing platforms, like Quora and Medium, and reach a large audience within weeks, not years (without needing your own website).
- Why you don’t have to write books, and how you can work your way to a full-time income when you monetize your writing in multiple ways.
…and a whole lot more!
If you want writing to be your career, the only thing that matters is consistency.
When I first started writing, I didn’t know what professional writers know: the only thing that matters is being consistent.
That’s the “big secret” of writing. You have to find a way to sit down in your chair over, and over, and over again. That’s it.
But amateurs don’t know that. I didn’t know that. And so I wasn’t consistent.
I would have three great ideas and write about them three weeks in a row. Then, I’d hit a snag and not publish anything for a month.
It was only when I made a conscious effort at building a real writing habit that failure started to faze me less and less.
But when I think back to all my lowest points, my worst moments, the last thing I would have wanted to hear is “try harder.” I honestly believe it would’ve made me quit.
Because here’s another truth about writing:
If you’ve picked up a pen already, even just once, and loved it, consistency will come naturally once your frustrations wash away.
That’s why you have to keep playing around with different things. Eventually, stuff will click into place. But to do that, you must find a practice that lets you enjoy the process itself.
This course is designed to help you develop that practice. It is two parts strategy and one part tactics.
I want to share all of my experiences, my frustrations, my highs and lows with you. All while giving you actionable marketing tactics, timeless writing techniques, and creative ways to financially benefit from your work.
These are the tight ropes and loose ends I wish I had to guide and inspire me way back when.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- The mindset to succeed in committing yourself to being a full-time writer.
- A system for writing regularly and publishing on a set schedule.
- A process to improve your writing, which will ensure you’ll get better.
- A set of marketing tactics that work, without taking away from your craft.
- An exact plan for creating multiple income streams based on your writing.
- Dozens of new writing tricks and techniques up your sleeve.
- Digested 10,000+ hours of experience in this industry in just a few hours of your time.
…and an understanding of everything that separates amateur writers from the pros.
What you will learn inside Write Like A Pro
The main goal of Write Like A Pro is to help you establish a deliberate, consistent writing practice. We will start with small steps to help you write regularly, publish frequently, and continue to work on your craft.
To set the right context and quickly build further momentum, we’ll also look at the career trajectory of a professional writer from a high level.
On top of that, I will share lots of actionable writing techniques. This way, you can immediately improve your writing, break into new platforms, and build an audience fast.
Finally, we’ll also break down how to monetize your writing in many different ways. This way, you can find the income streams that work for you.
The course is designed as a reference course. There is a structure to it, but you can start wherever it makes most sense for you, depending on where you are in your writing career. You can go through everything at your own pace.
You’ll also have immediate, lifetime access right away, including the community, future updates, bonus modules, etc.
Here’s what you can get access to in the next 30 seconds:
Welcome – The Clean Slate
First, we’ll define the core problems all writers face and learn what separates pros from amateurs. We’ll establish a proper teacher-student relationship and show you how to best use this course.
You will learn:
- A fascinating thought experiment that shows we’re all writers at heart
- How most teachers set up their students for failure before the course even starts
- Why the best courses don’t force you to take them step-by-step
- Which 3 deaths all writers must die before they can become real pros
- How the professional writer manages to come out ahead of the pack
Module 1 – The Mindset Of A Pro
Learn how professionals approach not just their career, but their entire life. We’ll dispel common writing myths, find proper motivation, and clear many roadblocks before you ever put pen to paper.
You will learn:
- Why the self-improvement movement only clouds most people’s thinking
- What to do when everyone tells you you’re wrong and your writing sucks
- Where you can find endless motivation to write
- Why professionals don’t need to rely on ideas and inspiration
- How ideas actually form
- Which mental phases you’ll go through as you transition from amateur to pro
Module 2 – Building A Consistent Practice
Learn how to quickly build momentum with a regular publishing routine. We’ll break down the science of habits, use just the right tools, and build a content creation system that works effortlessly.
You will learn:
- Where you should start if you’re just picking up writing again
- Which framework I used to help over 300 people change their habits
- The only two tools you need to succeed as a writer
- What coding principle helps the best writers ship relentlessly
- The simple spreadsheet you can use to plan a month of content in just one hour
- Which technique will easily give you 100 blog post ideas or more
Module 3 – Making Your Practice Deliberate
Learn how to actually improve as a writer. With lots of tactics and feedback mechanisms, we’ll make sure you get better and better, until the quality of your work speaks for itself.
You will learn:
- Why the concept of deliberate practice is essential for all high performers
- Which kind of feedback you need for your writing to truly get better
- The one variable most bloggers miss
- How to break into the most relevant writing platforms, like Medium and Quora
- How to write content that actually ranks on Google
- What frameworks you can use to tell stories in compelling ways
- The single most valuable non-writing activity for all writers
Module 4 – Attracting An Audience
Learn how to kickstart your growth on all platforms with the art of subtle marketing. We’ll debunk several promotion myths, expose time wasters, and focus on the actionable 80/20 of tactics that work.
You will learn:
- Why the #1 mistake tech startups make is a great habit for writers
- The big fat lie people have been telling you about email lists
- How to bake marketing into your writing and outgun any active promotion
- What the most important variable of succeeding on Medium and Quora is
- How to outrank the world’s biggest sites with dead-simple SEO tweaks
- Why the greatest marketing tactic will also make you a better writer
- Which 5-minute promotion hacks are worth your time and effort
Module 5 – Making Money From Your Writing
Learn why modern-day professional writers don’t rely on one source of income. We’ll dissect the 4 types of professionals making the big bucks and how you can become one yourself.
You will learn:
- The two ways we pay for written words, and which is better
- How to start your path to becoming an author, freelancer, marketer or artist
- Advantages and disadvantages of the four types of earning writers
- The only thing you should base your writing income on
- How to live any writer’s dream with the purest way to profit from your art